13262538

My friend has just told me that half of her pension into which

Customer Question

My friend has just told me that half of her pension into which she alone paid, will, together with all the matrimonial assets to which she contributed the majority, go to her husband if they divorce. He is now living with another woman who he was having an affair with while still married to my friend. There are no children. His income fluctuated while they were married so she was, in essence the main provider. She is an invalid.
I cannot believe this is correct.

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact matters are not as clear as that at all.
Her Pension does form part of the matrimonial assets - but whether or not her ex will be entitled to a share of it will depend on a number of factors including the length of the marriage, the extent of the assets and the needs of each party.
Please ask if you need further details