75100385

Good afternoon I hope you can answer this question . I

Customer Question

Good afternoon I hope you can answer this question .
I have been in a middle of a civil matter using a solicitor, eventually £31,000 later I ran out of money and told the acting solicitor that I could not continue anymore.
The solicitor asked me could I go and borrow some money to continue and I said no, however, the solicitor continued working and created another bill of £30,000 knowing full well and being advised in writing I had no money.
In other words the solicitor has put me into a debt situation knowing full well that I could never be able to pay tis bill, is this allowed?
Can you please advise me, thank you and I wait your reply
Regards,
Roger
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know whether you paid money on account in advance of work being done?
JACUSTOMER-ii5du2nc- :

Good afternoon, nice to meet you, YES money was put on account and then when the bill run up she asked money

JACUSTOMER-ii5du2nc- :

My initial payment was £2,000 however, the bill was already £10,000, so paid that but the bill was always running ahead of the payments

Alex Watts :

I assume you never authorised additional work beyond the original £31,000?