UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen born of British parents although my

I am a British citizen born of British parents although my parents have always lived and worked overseas. My Mother is 90 years old and living in Canada. My younger sister has been caring at home. She (my sister) is now having chemotherapy and radiotherapy and is unable to care Mother. Before Christmas Mum was admitted into a State run care home. There was no choice, we had to take whatever was offered. The home is half an hour down a highway from my sister and the care is very poor. Would I be allowed to bring Mum into England and put her on a waiting list State run home close to me in Northamptonshire?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
,

As a British Citizen, your mother is free to live in the UK without any restriction.

You may bring her over here and put her on the waiting list.

May I help further?