Good afternoon.I am looking - my son was in a

Good afternoon.
I am looking - my son was in a relationship + years, 2 years ago he signed as a guarantor partners car. She has now left him in a very unpleasant amount of dept. She is with someone else, has given up her job and my son does not know where she is. Her payments have slipped and the company have asked my son money. The company also advised my son that the new partner (who does work) has asked if he can take over as guarantor which they have refused. is there anything that he can do to be released from this agreement.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sadly no.
If he agreed to be a guarantor then it is ONLY the creditor that can release him. If they refuse there is nothing he can do I am sorry to say.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Alex

you are right, it is not what I wanted to hear, I was hoping there was a way round it. Sadly, she has done the same with her and her daughters .phones. Instead of paying her half of the contract, she has sold the phones on to someone else. My son has cancelled their numbers but the contract still stands. He has to find approx. £500.00 per month next 12 months to cover these 2 payments.

'the things we do '

I will pass this on to my son

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. Remember that your son can sue his ex debt.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.