75100385

My mum lives in a two bed flat within an extra care building,

My mum lives in a two bed flat within an extra care building, her flat is residential as are the other 29 flats within the block. Next door there is a residential home. We are having to put up with commercial deliveries as early as 6.00 - 6.30am several times a week. In addition to this we are having to endure local council pick ups as early as 6.30am. Please can you tell me that this is not legal, surely in a residential area these deliveries should not be taken place until at least 7.30am? What does the law say?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Has there been any complaint to the Council please?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

Are you there Alex?

Alex Watts :

I am.

Alex Watts :

What did the Council say?

Customer:

They put me through to the relevant department that sent out letters to management asking them to speak to the various companies

Alex Watts :

Have you had noise monitoring equipment installed?

Customer:

No

Alex Watts :

Ok. I would speak to Environmental Health and ask to happen. Under the Environmental Protection Act they have a duty to investiagate.

Alex Watts :

They can install noise equipment

Alex Watts :

The Council can then see if it is above or below the legal limit

Alex Watts :

If it is below the legal limit, then sadly you cant do anything

Alex Watts :

If it is above the Council can make them reduce it, stop it or prosecute if they dont

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

They did discuss putting in the equipment, however, the management sent letters back to the council saying that the companies had agreed to move delivery times. They have not moved times? So I guess its back to the council again. The problem is that one of the deliveries is the council? What can I do about that?

Alex Watts :

The Council you can complain to the Chief Officer of the Council. They can investiagate the matter and report back tk you.

Alex Watts :

If you are not happy with that response then you can complain to the Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They offer a free, independent service and can be found at: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Okay, thanks assistance, Kim