How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69983
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son has been accused of a act from 3 girls at school

Customer Question

My son has been accused of a sexual act from 3 girls at school the school has taken advise and my son has been taken out of school . Its been a week now and have had no contact from social services to advise what he has been accused of the police has been involved and told us the parents of the girls are taken formal procedures can you help us or advise what we can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How old is he ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking if he can return to school?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

social service have advised school that he is not to go back until the police have done there investigations but we have not been consulted or told what he has done!

can you advise who should be helping us?

can you advise ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean really. You will not get legal aid solicitor unless the police are investigative and then that would cover their investigation.
There are no sources of free legal advice services investigation. The emphasis is entirely different from their point of view. They are investigating risk rather than whether or not there was an offence.
If the police are acting then he wil have to co-operate. They will only come and arrest him if he does not. They will want to avoid that given his age but they will do it in the end if there is no other alternative.
In terms of tuition, I would use the home tutor. They are not going to let him back in school any time soon. it isn;t in his interests to be allowed back. it will only lead to the whole thing kicking off again and prompt further allegations.
Can I clarify anything ?

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions