75100385

I have some properties in UK with a ratable value but no prospect

I have some properties in UK with a ratable value but no prospect to get tenants in a fore sable future. In order to get rid of them years, I am signing 10 year leasehold contract with limited property. As the limited property won’t be able to pay the business rate, the council would bring the company to bankruptcy and the property would become the property during the next 10 years.
Will the council have the possibility the denounce the lease contract in court and bring the business rate liable to the landlord ?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

No

Alex Watts :

Its a debt of the Limited company and not you.

Alex Watts :

Unless the Council have a personal guarantee it is and always will be a business debt

Alex Watts :

It will never become a debt to you personally

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

If the limited company is connected to the landlord, would anti tax avoidance laws offer the opportunity to the council to have the lease agreement annulated ?

Alex Watts :

No

Alex Watts :

Thats to do with HMRC and the Landlord, nothing to do with the Council

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else ?

Customer: