75100385

I have had a new job since the end of june last year but my

Customer Question

I have had a new job since the end of june last year but my old company I used to work paying me as well. I was going to email them today if it happens again to say I dont work even though I have phoned up my old office before and let them know. Do I have to oay the money back or is it there own fault as it is their error?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Sadly if they have overpaid you and its a mistake, as nice as it would be to keep it, the money does not belong to you

Alex Watts :

If you did not pay it back they could issue a County Court claim against you as a debt

Alex Watts :

So keep it to one side as you will need to pay it back

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

JACUSTOMER-p6hlrqx2- :

Yes I do not have the money in the bank as i am in debt so would I be able to pay it back in installments?

Alex Watts :

Yes you could do that if they accept it.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry its not better news.