29905560

I have a five year old police caution (October 2009) I

Customer Question

I have a five year old police caution (October 2009) I now want to apply retail job at Heathrow. I understand that they do crb checks as part of their selection process. I've also noted that they check convictions.
I have read a lot about it and am still very confused. Would a 'spent' caution go against me?
Ben Jones :

, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you know what kind of check they do, what level - basic, standard or enhanced?

JACUSTOMER-kv5egr0h- :

I think its a basic

Ben Jones :

ok well first of all a cation is not a conviction so the whole spent/unspent issue does not apply to you.

Secondly, if they are just doing a basic check, the caution will not show up as only unspent convictions are shown on these checks.

Even if you were doing a Standard check, which usually shows up cautions, there is a new filtering system in place which can remove the cation from showing up after a specific period of time. An adult caution will be removed after 6 years have elapsed since the date of the caution – and if it does not appear on the list of exempt offences. These can be found here:

JACUSTOMER-kv5egr0h- :

What about CTC checks? How does that work. Obviously I know I have no problems with this but this whole business is stressing me out! In October 2009 I was arrested minor fraud, I admitted everything, paid back what I owed and that was the end of it so I think it was just a caution that I received. However, I am so worried about the checks at heathrow even though on their paperwork, it clearly states unspent convictions, please help!!!!!

JACUSTOMER-kv5egr0h- :

Also, on looking through the rehabilation act of 1974, a caution is spent immediately?

Ben Jones :

If they say unspent convictions then it could be that they are doing a standard check but as I said a caution is not a conviction so whether they do spent or unspent conviction checks is irrelevant

Ben Jones :

Can I clarify anything else ?

Ben Jones :

, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks