seanferguson13
seanferguson13, Solicitor
Experience:  3 year qualified solicitor with expertise in UK taxation.
77909803

I am the owner of a small property in The Gambia which a friend

Customer Question

I am the owner of a small property in The Gambia which a friend is selling on my behalf and he has been told that I need to give him the Power of Attorney .Could you please let me know what is involved and if it is something you that you can undertake.
Many Thanks
Mike
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please. continue as I have no transport , cannot get out and do need an answer. !!!

,
We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
,
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish to continue to search to assist you or would you like to close your question at this time?
Thank you patience,
,
Please understand it is rare not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please return deposit

Expert:  seanferguson13 replied 2 years ago.
- powers of attorney are a versatile and common means of delegating authority, , a seller may wish to appoint another person to execute documents on his behalf at a completion meeting or a trustee may wish to delegate all his functions certain period. A power of attorney is a document by which one party gives another person the power to act on his behalf and in his name. It may be a general power or limited to certain defined purposes. In your situation, you would need the advice of a Gambian law professional. However, in the UK, powers of attorney are routinely used and pose no reason provided they are narrowly drafted in scope and have a limited time span.