How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

We have given someone general POA. IT has gone past a year

Resolved Question:

We have given someone general POA. IT has gone past a year and needs renewing as most institutions wont' accept it now. Can we just authorise them to redate the front page and append to the signature page?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

and thanks Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I am afraid redating a document is not going to revalidate it.

A POA needs to be signed and executed before it becomes valid and therefore if the existing one has expired, you will need to draw up a new POA and which will then need to be signed and executed and dated.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you