Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law

/ Madam, I have had a lot of trouble with a land

/ Madam,
I have had a lot of trouble with a land banking company called The Property Partnership.
I invested £10000 on a plot of land (0.05 acres) on the south side of Spinks lane, Pickmere,Knutsford, Cheshire, They also operated as Cheshire Ultraclass. The solicitors acting on their behalf were Dale R. Walker of Sevenoaks, Kent. (I have just heard today that there has been criminal proceedings against them as well.) I do not know where I stand with my land investment. Can I try and sell it independently? I do not know if the status is brown field land or green belt or some other stag? Can I use it or growing plants? I know very little about land rights and the law regarding it. What I do feel is I have cheated by this unscrupulous scam and would like to know what I can do to try and recover my £10000, which I took out as aloan as I had no savings. The Property Partnership and Dale R walker made it so simple to secure this loan which increased my mortgage substantially. I realized the Property Partnership went into liquidation completely by fluke when I thought they got a mention on the national news. When I phoned TPP they played it down and said that that someone had a grudge against them and there was nothing to worry about. Unfortunately after they convinced me that they could make me £30000 or £40000 in a matter of three or four years and said that planning permission was imminent and there was a by-pass being built in the area and land moving equipment was in place as we spoke. Unfortunately I realized too late that it was just a pack of lies. Whenever the broker Steve Masters would ring he seemed to be very demanding and rude often it would be to extort more money, and when I refused he would get angry and raise his voice. On one occasion he shouted we have your money now. I realized when the telephone number I used to ring them on at their Bishopsgate address was unobtainable, that something was amiss. I rang Dale R. Walker in Sevenoaks (The solicitors) who said The Property Partnership had gone into liquidation and suggested I contact the liquidators Ashcrofts, and speak to a Mr. George Michael. I was told by them to contact The BBK Partnership in Barnet who were dealing with The Property Partnership who had gone into receivership. I got in touch with the and they told me they could not discuss the case with me as it had not come to court by then. Some months or even a year passed, and I contacted Th BBK again, I spoke and corresponded with two employees one was Grish who gave me his email address. He advised me not to waste my time and money pursuing my case. On another occasion I was told my name did not come up on the list of creditors, and they would need authentication of my identity and my Land Registry Title deeds. Which I promptly sent to them. They were now satisfied that I was genuine and I was the owner of Plot 102. They then said that if I wanted to pursue the case I would have to act independently. What can I do or should I do next? I am desperate to recover my money it woulkd make my life a lot easier. I had a severe shoulder injury at work in 2009 which has been life changing, and I am very limited as to how much work and the type of work I can do it has certainly lowered my quality of life and all the rest of this unfortunate episode has left me frustrated and feel cheated and robbed. I would be very grateful if You could kindly give me some positive advice or reassure me that I can do something about my money.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,
Noel Hume. Telephone No: *********** email address: *****@******.***
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

and thanks Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have looked into this , and it's not good news. As with many "landbanking companies" the land you have purchased is probably worthless and it is doubtful whether you will be able to get any of your money back.

Provided your Plot is registered at the Land Registry, you do legally own the Plot, but on the basis that no planning permission is ever going to be granted, you are restricted in its value. I would hope you have been granted a right of way to get to your Plot if you did ever wish to tend it, but you will need to ask a local Solicitor to view your title to confirm this.

I note that the Company has recently been put into liquidation in the High Court following an investigation by the Insolvency Service.

I set out a link -

and as the link says, you do need to contact the following to see if there is any chance of recouping any of your money-

By virtue of the winding up orders all public enquiries concerning the affairs of the companies should be made to: ***** ***** Receiver, Public Interest Unit , 4 Abbey Orchard Street, London, SW1P 2HT. Telephone: 0207(###) ###-#### *****: [email protected]

I am sorry I am not the bearer of good news, but I hope I have set out the legal position to you.

Kind Regards

Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law