75100385

i own a a little shop in a nice area with no problems....i

i own a a little shop in a nice area with no problems....i hold the licence . My father and husband work there as when buying the shop i fell pregnant and havent been able to work there at all....a couple of weeks ago trading standards did a check sending underage people in to buy some cider...my father was there at the time the first time he asked and turned them away a hour later someone else came in and he served them thinking they were of age... and they weren't..so ofcourse trading standards went into the shop and informed him....he got a fine...they e had no want me to go interview under caution this....it is a first time this as happened the shop will be in someone elses hands next week as we have had it up ..and it seems that they will buy..if not it will be shut....i am worried as i dont no what to expect and if i need to take anyone with me . We are in Derbyshire under erewash borough council..i understand that it is a offence but am very stressed and worried about going taped interview under caution and dont quite understand why these measures are put on you..thankyou. Elizabeth

Alex Watts :

Elizabeth my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

please let me know at what stage matters are? Have you been called interview under caution?

Customer:

Customer:

yes i was called on the phone and was asked to go interview under caution.

Alex Watts :

Ok. If you have sold the business and moving on next week then you wont face any serious consequences

Alex Watts :

You may be offered a caution or it may go to Court

Alex Watts :

If it goes to Court then you are likely to receive a fine

Alex Watts :

But as you are selling the business and wont have it next week the Council are likely to be more lenient

Alex Watts :

They want to eliminate any risk - therefore by selling it, that risk is gone

Alex Watts :

You are entitled to have a Solicitor go with you to the interview

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

if it goes to court then would i have to attend

Alex Watts :

Yes

Customer:

with it being a first time and i have no criminal record or any complaints on the shop ...and the shop not having anything to do with me when the interview takes pace is it more likely they will fine or caution me than court??

Alex Watts :

I can not say, it really depends on the investigating office. I would hope that they would be reasonable and give you a caution

Alex Watts :

But that is not a guarantee of course

Customer:

ok...the last question..what am i expected to be questioned on or need to be alert to at the interview...any advice on the best way to get this sorted out and gone would be appreciated as i am quite worried about it....thankyou

Alex Watts :

Well the obvious thing is going to be did the shop allow the purchase

Alex Watts :

The answer is going to be yes

Customer:

of course my father phoned straight after ....

Alex Watts :

Yes indeed.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

ok so am i worrying silly over something that will end in a caution or fine....

Alex Watts :

Yes a caution or fine

Customer:

ok thankyou i just wish they worked quicker...this waiting is awful ....i feel like a bad criminal...all wrong.

Customer:

thankyou

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else ?

Customer:

no thanks ....I hope what you have said is ok....which i am sure it will be.

Alex Watts :

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply