12826847

Good evening. Hope you can help ! My son and daughter in law

Good evening. Hope you can help ! My son and daughter in law ( two kids under two) were given two months notice to leave their rented house by the landlord, through the letting agent January the 5th, as the landlord wishes to sell his property. They've had quite a stressful and expensive couple of weeks, but fortunately have found a lovely property to rent from 30th January. However the agent has just informed them today that the landlord expects a further months rent to the end of February. They've had application fees, removal expenses etc and a bond new house. Is it right , despite the fact it is landlord that has ended the contract , that they need to pay a further months rent? They have been in his property year and not failed to pay anything on time.
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
If notice was given to them on the 5th January then that will not expire until the rental date in March. They are liable to pay up until that point.
They can give notice themselves. Only one month would be required of the tenant. However, that one month would need to be on or before the rental date.
Therefore, depending on the rental date the landlord is likely to be right I'm afraid. They are liable to pay up until his notice or theirs expires whichever is the sooner.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything ?