75100385

I bought a used 2009 model BMW X3 in February 2013

I bought a used 2009 model BMW X3 in February 2013 from an official BMW dealer in park lane. It had approx 37,500 miles on it and was assured it was serviced before it was handed to me.
It was getting to the stage where service/oil change is required so today I took it to a BMW dealer in Chelmsford Essex where we now live.
Upon inspection the mechanics in Chelmsford told me that the service history was not up to date and that there was a gap in service of two years so the last oil change was conducted in February 2011. They called the London dealership where I bought the car they said they didn't know and that no service history is available on the car since 2011.
BMW Chelmsford agreed to service the car and luckily found nothing wrong with it but will not sign and stamp the service history book until I can find out whether the car had not been serviced since 2011. I can't get any answers from BMW in London or the national customer service centre.
I would like to know what my legal rights are in this case because I believe I was lied to an misled I believing that the very expensive car had a full service history.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: I was not satisfied with the information they gave me when I bought the car and obviously if I want to sell on the car it will have a big gap in its history which will bring its price down or make it difficult to sell. I just wanted to know if I have any legal rights in persuing BMW to provide some document of responsibility about where the gap in history is? As speaking to people in their customer services around the country is not helping.
Alex Watts : BMW direct you mean?
Customer: Yes BMW
Alex Watts :

Sorry delay I have been in Court.

Alex Watts :

You can't sue BMW, you dont have a contract with them. What your only option is would be the sue the dealer.

Alex Watts :

But you can only sue loss difference between having a full service history and part, given there is no issue with the vehicle itself.

Alex Watts :

is a FSH car would be worth £10,000 and PSH £9,500 your loss is £500

Alex Watts :

That is the only loss you can claim

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

thanks

Alex Watts :

If this answers the question can I ask you to rate my service before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply