Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My friend died...

my friend died jan 16 20010 having left me 1000 pounds in her will this was confirmed by her daughter I already knew as my friend had told me. my concern is should I have been informed by her solicitor and how long do these things take it is 2 years now
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
and thanks Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The Executor of a Will (or the Solicitor acting ) is under a duty to notify all beneficiaries of their inheritance within a reasonable length of time. This would normally be within 6 months from the date of death, so you certainly should have heard something/had confirmation that you are indeed a beneficiary, by now.
I would therefor suggest that you contact your friend and press answers.
Alternatively, you can make a postal application to Leeds Probate Registry copy of the Will. (A Will becomes a public document once Probate has been issued, and a copy can be obtained nominal fee).
Leeds District Probate Registry, York House, 31 York Place Leeds LS1 2BA.
email***@******.***. Tel: is 0113(###) ###-####
I hope this helps and answers your question.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much you have just confirmed what I thought I will now get in touch with her daughter and ask her .

Kind Regards ***** *****

Joyce,
Thanks reply.
If you are happy with my Answer, I would be grateful if you could leave feedback.
Kind Regards
AL

Joyce,

Can I assist you any further?

Kind Regards

AL

Joyce,
Can I assist you any further?
Kind Regards
AL