75100385

My car has been damaged as a result of a freestanding advertising

My car has been damaged as a result of a freestanding advertising board which had been placed on the pavement by the Public House establishment. High winds blew the sign into the side of my car causing damage to the bodywork. I have two witnesses and the manager of the establishment witnessed the damage to my car and retrieved the sign from the middle of the road. The owners of the P.H. are refusing responsibility on the grounds that it was a freak occurrance.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know how much the damage is?
Customer:

Quote from ***** ***** Honda dealer Ilkley £537.50 + Vat Total £645.00

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

Thanks Alex. The advice that you have given is most helpful.

Customer:

Am i right in thinking that it is a criminal offence not to have such an advertising board un-tethered. Regards Ian

Customer:

As above.

Alex Watts : No it's not criminal. It's a civil dispute.
Alex Watts : does that help?
Customer:

Thanks Alex. I shall give you a smiley face rating. Regards - Ian