UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

! My name is***** have a few questions about

Customer Question

! My name is***** have a few questions about fiance visa. Want to know if i can I apply as soon as I get back home to Armenia? I currently have a Tier 4 expiring on the 30th of January... And can i switch to a visa category other than spouse from fiance visa?

we are not engaged, and i am leaving tomorrow, so I wanted to know what supporting evidence of our relationship should be provided to the embassy? is it a must to be engaged?

Thanks a lot in advance

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
, thank you question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. No you are unable to switch to any other visa category apart from a fiancee visa apart from a spouse visa. This is because a fiancee visa is only issued months and the natural progression from the visa would only be a spouse visa.
2. Well you need to show that you and your partner have a wedding organised in the UK, you don't need to be necessarily engaged but you need to stated how your relationship developed how you met and who proposed to who. You would need to provide evidence of communication , if however you were living together then show letters in single or joint name going to the same address, photographs of you and your fiancee, tenancy agreements in your names, utility bills in your names etc all these would need to show that you were in a relationship with your partner prior to you leaving the UK.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks a lot answer!

just one more question if it's okay - i can prove that we have been leaving together through photos, letters and my job contract which has his address. But we have not made any arrangements wedding yet, as he is abroad and I am leaving tomorrow. Can we prove that he proposed through an email he sent to me?

And I wanted to know if one of the partners changes their mind and goes back to their country, can they come back to the UK by applying for, say, Tier 2?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you reply.
1. Well i do not think proposal by email is very normal , maybe at home or outside would be better.
2. Yes that is not a problem, of course they would need to confirm that their previous relationship is no longer subsisting.
I hope this answers your questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much satisfying replies,

Best,

Zara

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
It's a pleasure, please provide a rating so I can get credited time.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.