31090051

i Am a police officer and recently went through some

i Am a police officer and recently went through some disciplinary, with the outcome of me losing my police driving authority. The outcome was only known by my supervisors, the following day i went in shift and other officers were aware of this. would this by breach of data protection?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
A breach of data protction would occur if the leak of information was as a result of data held on a computerised system. If the leak was as a result of someone telling tales out of school then there is no breach of data protection but presumably there may be other issues concerning the dissemination of information.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
I believe the leak has come from one my supervisors who has directly told one officer, surely if this a result of displinary action its a breech of data protection, as information should only be shared with other supervisors
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, if someone has told someone something it's not a breach of data protection as the information hasn't come from computerised data, it's come out of someone mouth.Unless the supervisor got the information from a computer and passed it on there is no breach. My understanding of what you've said is that the supervisor was told of your suspension and then passed that information to someone else.