13262538

How do I go about obtaining a beneficiary certificate to transfer

Customer Question

How do I go about obtaining a beneficiary certificate to transfer money from my partners account to mine
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

and thanks Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Could you give me a little more information, please? Does this question relate to UK law and could you clarify what you mean by a beneficiary certificate?

I look forward to hearing from you.

AL

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Al
My partner works U.S. military and wants to transfer money from his account in Africa to mine here in England
Enclosed is a email I had from the bank
madam,
we have receive the payment you made. and as we are about to make the transfer to you, the CBN
governor, put a stop order that where is the beneficiary certificate to prove that you are the receiver.
he said that before such money can be transfer from the bank, you have to present to us a beneficiary certificate
and after that, the payment will be transfer to your bank details,
the beneficiary certificate means that your name will be in certificate as the owner of the fund
so madam you have to obtain this certificate first before the money will get to you.
best regard
frank dewotor
Sue,
Thanks reply.
I will need to opt out, as I am an English Solicitor and know nothing about African Bank law.
Hopefully, a colleague will be able to assist you.
Kind Regards
AL

Thank you question.

May I ask an odd question.
Have you physically met your partner in person?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Claire
No we haven't actully met in person

I suspected that.
I am going to be very blunt and honest - and I know that you will find what I say difficult.
There is no money, no bank account and no such thing as a "beneficiary certificate"
Even worse the person you think of as your partner is not real - you are the victim of what is called a "romance scam"
http://www.romancescam.com/
I know that this is hard to accept - and I am sorry
Please ask if you need further details