75100385

My friend was on a tempery tenacy with the council and was

Customer Question

My friend was on a tempery tenacy with the council and was told she will be out by 27th Jan 15 , has been told that she will move to a property but nothing was in writing , now they are saying she has to have final offer in 4 bed flat with 4 your children , they under 13 years . The property she is in is due to be knocked down development , what grounds does she have if she stays . Council have been miss leading , eviction ? Court ? Will they help if she refusing
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : I do not quite understand, she is in temporary accommodation and they have offered something else?
JACUSTOMER-ohlzvc2x- : Alex , she was in private accommodation till end of sep 14 , but the land lord wanted to sell so council put her in. Temp accommodation they said she would be the max of 6 months , and said she could have a property in franklins drive , verbally over the phone , now they are saying they did not offer and said she must take the flat as final offer . She wants to know her rights as they keep changing the rules
Alex Watts :

Did she sign anything before they changed their mind?

JACUSTOMER-ohlzvc2x- : No
Alex Watts :

OK, sadly unless a contract is signed an offer can be withdrawn. However what your friend can do is:

Alex Watts :

1) Contact the Councillor - they are elected officials and can work to assist residents

Alex Watts :

2) Complain to the Chief Officer - they will investigate the complaint and report back. This office is independent of the Council and can fully examine everything that has gone on

Alex Watts :

3) Ombudsman - once you get a final written response from the Council then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They will examine the whole case. They offer a free service at: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?