12826847

We are a small one man band joinery workshop. We have a customer

Customer Question

We are a small one man band joinery workshop. We have a customer we quoted doors. she excepted the order but wanted them at different times. 2 first then 5 6 months later and now 18 months later the other 5 doors. We have informed her the doors have gone up in price due to our suppliers putting their prices up on the raw materials (timber)so we unable to supply them at the same price. She as said we have a obligation to fulfil the order she excepted 18 months ago. But we will be making the doors at a loss and she expects them to be delivered ! Do we have to make the doors? I have explained the materials have gone up and that we will make a loss. Nothing was signed
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

please let me know when you provided the quote was that on the basis of the supply of all the doors at the same time?

JACUSTOMER-00pc6weg- :

Alex Thank you quick response. Yes is the answer when we did the quote it was on the bases of the doors all being made at the same time, hence we gave her some discount, When she excepted the quote she said she would like two of them first - to make sure the quality was up to her standard. She them came back with yes she was satisfied but wanted them in two intervals.We have been very busy and was unable to make the second interval of doors when she requested, which didn't bother her ,due to her having another baby.Hope that helps?

Alex Watts : Was that made clear when she asked quote that she would not want them together?