How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am looking on returning to England to live.

Customer Question

I am looking on returning to England to live. My husband and I were both born in Liverpool in 1942 and we emigrated to Canada in 1981 with our three children who were also born here. We have been back here many times in the past few years and we arrived here again in December last year. My husband was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's in February last year and since we have been here there has been a marked improvement in him as he is spending time with family and friends that he grew up with. We really feel that our live would be so much better if we came back to live here as we have become involved we volunteer social groups. What we are asking advise and information on returning to live in Liverpool. We are staying with my sister, her email address is *****@******.*** The land line no. is *********** We would appreciate any help you can give us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

As British Citizens having been born in the UK, there is absolutely no immigration restriction to return back to live in the UK.

All you need is valid British passports.

You are free to live with your sister or wherever else you wish to live in the UK.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you reply. My husband and I have been living with my daughter in Canada and we don't have any saving, could you please tell me how we stand as regards ***** ***** and financal help from the government. We are welcome to stay at my sisters house short period of time but we would need our own home.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Please use this benefits calculator to see what benefits you will be entitled to once you have moved back to the UK:

All the best. Please leave feedback

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice