75100385

I need to identify a solicitor or barrister who wants to help

I need to identify a solicitor or barrister who wants to help me change the law in the UK, and this is the law that currently states that cases prior to 1954 cannot currently be made, where it involves obtaining compensation abuse that happened prior to 1954
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know why you need a barrister and what you want them to do?
Customer:

I am going by what I was told by Tracey Story of Owen Mitchell that the way the law stands right now, because my case dates to 1953 and this was the year, that the first person to sexually abuse me was the Rev Bond who was a priest at St Johns Church in Frome, Somerset, who was found guilty in, I believe, the spring of 1953, well this means that at the moment I cannot bring a case where I am seeking financial compensation.

Alex Watts :

Yes but sadly a Barrister can NOT change the law.

Alex Watts :

Judges can NOT change the law.

Alex Watts :

Only Parliament can change the law.

Alex Watts :

Therefore sadly if you go to a Barrister they can not get the law changed.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is lobby your MP and get the MP to lobby Parliament.

Alex Watts :

As it is only Parliament that can change the law.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

Which is why I would need to approach the Secretary of State, the Rt Hon Theresa May, but don't no how to, right now.

Alex Watts :

You can write to her:

Alex Watts :

Rt Hon Theresa May MP
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA

Alex Watts :

Or:

Alex Watts :

Rt Hon Theresa May MP
Home Secretary
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

Yes, I know that, now I am 75 years old man, and sufficiently intelligent to understand myself and what the long term effect of what I suffered meant to me, which resulted in me going through adolescence at the age of 40, where all this stuff from the past had been 'buried' years, where I needed professional help in 1980, when I was 40.

Alex Watts :

Indeed and I am very sorry. But you need Parliament to change the law. Barristers can not I am sorry to say

Alex Watts :

But speak with your MP and write to the Home Secretary

Alex Watts :

That may start the law changing especially given the high profile cases

Customer:

OK, that sounds like excellent advise, which I will do, speak to my own MP prior to writing to the Home Secretary.

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I clarify anything else ?

Customer:

Yes, now what exactly am I now committed to, financially, in terms of this JustAnswer service, from now on.

Alex Watts :

I think you may be on subscription, but any questions might I ask you to contact customer serivces.

Alex Watts :

I can only see your question

Alex Watts :

If I have answered your question can I ask you to rate my service before you go. The button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer:

OK, thank you answers, excellent.