75100385

I recently became involved in setting up a business with a

I recently became involved in setting up a business with a "friend" of mine. They came to me offering me 20% of the business expertise in photography and photoshop. they asked me to take promotional photos on their website and marketing and to train them in photoshop use on the business. I did all of this but since then the relationship has soured, I helped financially at the beginning as well purchasing £600 worth of packaging etc. As the relationship has broken down I have asked the money I put in to the business to be returned but they are now refusing to do this and have become very aggressive and difficult to deal with. I was happy to walk away with just the £600 but now I would like them to either stop using the images I provided or pay in addition to the £600. I have not signed over any copyright to the images and would like to know how I can proceed with this. The amount of work and time I have put into the business would amount to about £2500 including the photography.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with
Alex Watts : Is there anything in writing please?
Customer:

No, we had only a verbal agreement but I may have text messages discussing the business arrangement

Alex Watts :

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer:

I would like to at least get the money I put into the business back of £600, I have bank statements , if they refuse then I want them to stop using my images, if this doesn't happen then I would like to receive additional payment

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

Alex Watts :

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

can you advise at all on my legal standing regarding the usage of my images and if there are any standardised letters I can send regarding my copyright ownership of these?

Alex Watts :

You retain these unless you give permission to be used. You simply say that they are not entitled to use them as you own the intellectual copyright.

Alex Watts :

That is it really.

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes thank you