31090051

I am a hgv driver a customer I deliver to has changed their

Customer Question

I am a hgv driver a customer I deliver to has changed their site entry procedure.
In order to gain access to their site I have been told I must register my fingerprint and register my driving licence with them and they will hold that information reference.i have told my employer I do not wish to give this information.i have now been put on a disciplinary and been told this is misconduct and could lead to dismissal.were do I stand in this situation.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
You have to carry out the reasonable instructions of your employer and act in line with your contract of employment. Following entry and security procedures to customer's premises would be covered unless you can establish a good reason why you shouldn't have to.
Registration and fingerprint technology are becoming more common and it's unlikely that this would be considered unreasonable, I'm afraid.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.