How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I wonder if you can help me. I was give a speeding fine while

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help me. I was give a speeding fine while I was away from home dealing with the aftermath of my fathers death. I ran the local police to explain my situation and I was told that forms course to avoid points on my licence would sent by post. I returned home and nothing happened and at that stage I was unaware how long you had to wait and assumed there might be waiting list . Two weeks ago I was summons to court at which point I phoned the Hampshire constabulary to be told I had been sent the forms my e mail. I checked the emails and discovered no e mail. We have now been told the forms were sent to my husbands e mail not mine. I had no access to his email and was clearly told they would posted directly to me my post. I now face six points and possible fine of 1,000 I have sent by notification and plea.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Alex Watts : my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : please let me know how they got your husbands email?
JACUSTOMER-6iq0h1pc- :

When I was in Wales my husband e mailed them as I was not able to access the forms. I had no knowledge he had done this. The contact I had, was with a female officer who said they would be posted to me. She was very reassuring as I was very upset about my fathers death.

Alex Watts :

I assume you do accept you were speeding?

JACUSTOMER-6iq0h1pc- :

Yes accept I was doing thirty eight in a thirty mile an hour restriction, but not that I was trying to avoid filling the form to do the course.

Alex Watts :

Sadly you are guilty of the offence. What you can do is plead guilty by post and give mitigating circumstances.

Alex Watts :

You can explain that you were offered the course and the difficulties surrounding this.

Alex Watts :

The CPS may then offer you a course, or the Court may give you a discharge meaning no points

Alex Watts :

But technically you are guilty, so should plead that, but explain the circustances

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help:

Related Law Questions