Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you want to know whether to wait or send in the documentation now?
Alex yes I would like to know what is my best next step and any possible outcomes from the decision I take; send or wait solicitor to take the case and highlight if the Landlords are in breach of anything during this long process thanks
I would send it it now. You want to avoid a notice to quit if you can help it.
If that does not do any good then as the Solicitor said you can get legal aid.
It may be that after the notice to quit they issue possession proceedings and it may be those proceedings which you defend which a Judge will decide whether to allow possession or succession.
But you need to be aware it may have to go to a Court trial as they may not accept the documents
Usually there can only be one and you need to be living in the property months.
If you can show this then you would be entitled to succeed.
Can I clarify anything about this today please?
I have been served Notice to Quit which ran out on Dec 14th 2014 it was then one of the solicitors said wait next step the possession order then they may have time to take the case. Notice seeking Possession was served on 22nd January 2015. I have been living at my mums and continuously from 2012 hence the documents i provided they acknowledge meet the criteria but they do not believe the reason staying at the flat thanks
Ok - then it may be you can submit the documents now or wait until Court proceedings.
In any event they will need to be disclosed anyway
You want to avoid Court if you can.
So if you can submit them and ask them to review their decision.
You can even ask the Chief Officer to look at the case.
That may not do any good but at least it means you have tried to avoid Court
Where and who is the chief Officer I would be happy to send the information if I could get someone else to review it sending to back to the same team I have reservations
The Chief Officer is the head of the organisation
okay thank you help
I will do so; the solicitor who said to re-send the evidence gave me 2 pertinant questions to ask which I shall and if then it is refused he said to contact him i will have to pay, but he said they must state in detail their factual findings as I would like to show this to my solicitor