75100385

I bought lottery style tickets, paid full. This is a

Customer Question

I bought lottery style tickets, paid full. This is a monthly draw and the investment carries on each month. However, I since discovered I was not entered into the draw period of 20 months. What are my options regarding this?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

JACUSTOMER-knt61ylc- :

I bought £2000 in premium bonds in may 2013. I have discovered they were first entered into the draw in December 2014. therefor I have missed aprox 20 months of draws.

Alex Watts :

And you brought these from NSI?

JACUSTOMER-knt61ylc- :

yes. Through the post office.

Alex Watts :

Have you complained to NS&I? If so what was their response?

JACUSTOMER-knt61ylc- :

Not yet. I e-mailed to explain my position. Their reply was they could not discuss this by e-mail and told me to ring. I want to know my legal standing before I contact NS&I.

Alex Watts :

Personally I would not telephone I would put it in writing.

Alex Watts :

It really depends on whose the fault is, was it the Post Office forwarding your entries or NS&I dealing with it.

Alex Watts :

Once you know who it is then you can seek a claim from them.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request compesnation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/