12826847

I am due in court motoring offence on 16th Feb, In the

I am due in court motoring offence on 16th Feb, In the meantime I have moved premises and sent off my drivers id to the dvla, can I postpone the date?
.

Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Why do you want to postpone the date?
.
Why do you need to postpone the hearing please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks back to me, I have photocopied the originals, apparently they have to be the originals do they not in order to appear in court as proof? or what else do I need other than my insurance details?

What is the motoring offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

due to care & attention the defendant was travelling in excess of the speed limit, causing a collision. I admitted this on my statement however when the police officer visited me he told me I had to attend court - no buts. so I left the paperwork still now also I moved 2 months - yes leaving things late due to him telling me I had to attend.... What are my options please?

Sorry but I still do not understand why you need to move the hearing date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

don't want to, just want to know if the photocopies will be ok to present? with my views.

If you are charged with driving without due care and attention thern you should have to produce anything at all unless you are convicted and then you would only need to send them to the DVLA anyway.
If you are charged with no licence and no insurance then you would need to produce documents. The copy of the insurance will be fine. They would need to see your original licence but the fact it is with the DVLA is an acceptable reason.
If you are convicted then they will want your licence but if you explain it is with the DVLA then that will be accepted. Nobody expects you to work miracles. You cannot force the DVLA to act any faster than they seem capable of.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks fofr this. I am up to date with my insurance details, just got the forms sent of a bit late dvla office. So I do not need to get the photo copies certified by a Commissioner to confirm who I am when presenting them with my explanation? Extremely worried ....

Sorry but I am not sure why you are presenting insurance documents during a trial without due care and attention?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well if my driving license is with the DVLA and my car info, what other proof do I need when they have explicitly told me to produce them? I am confused as to what I should have on me other than my good self?

They have only told you to provide them in the event of conviction.
A copy of your insurance certificiate is fine.
The licence is with the DVLA and you just have to explain that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you . I appreciate your reply and hopefully they will be understanding on the day. I know I will get a fine just have to suck it up these things happen. At least I can sleep easier to night. Thank you once again assistance. Regards Cheryl

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. information, please start your question with ‘ C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/