Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My late fathers will states his property is left in trust to

My late fathers will states his property is left in trust to myself with my stepmother having
a life times interest. She is in a nursing home and is nearing the end of her life. Ive been told this is a will trust. My son and daughter and myself are trustees. Can I desolve the trust now and if so, how do I do this. there is no official trust document .
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
and thanks Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
The "Trust" comprises only of the wording in the Will.
There is therefore no magical thing you need to do to end the Trust, as it ends automatically upon the happening of one of the events as mentioned in the Will. In this regard, I am guessing that the Will grants your stepmother the right to remain living there until she dies or voluntarily vacates.
Therefore, on the basis that she has moved out permanently, you and the other Trustees under the Will are now free to sell the property or deal with it in the manner as mentioned in the Will.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my stepmother will remain in the nursing home till her death. We did purchase another property which is no longer in the trust name, but do I need to tell HMRC who are asking tax return. The property is empty at present.

The property is registered in my sons, daughter and my name.