12826847

I had a new Combi Boiler installed last August and paid for

I had a new Combi Boiler installed last August and paid in September by the due date however there are still some outstanding issues with the installation and a leak from a pipe on a new radiator, several phone calls and two letters have not helped me to get any result
from the company. I am a pensioner, widowed and do not know what to do next. Please advise.
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What do they say about this?
What is their explanation they haven't done it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I phoned they promised action but I got none, after my first letter I received a call re the leaking pipe, further action was promised but none received, no reply whatsoever to second letter.

Did they set a date to attend?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they just said they would ring when they were coming, I have an answer machine and had not been out much due to bad weather so they would have found me in.

Is the leak causing a risk?
Is this a gas leak?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No a water leak onto my carpet which was ruined by them when they removed my old boiler. This is why I did not see the leak immediately.

I presume it is still leaking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes and I cannot move forward with decorating or carpet cleaning until all issues are resolved.

There are various options. It depends what your correspondence has said hitherto.
However, I would suggest sending another letter which says no more than that these faults remain, they have until 28th February to resolve them and in default you will instruct another to complete and sue them cost. You can get a solicitor to do that but it will rack up the costs. That said, it does have more impact.
If they still ignore you then you can instruct another to put right their failures and sue them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
You do also have a claim replacement carpet. If their leak has damaged your old carpet then you can claim the cost of the carpet minus 20% year you have had it.
It is quite unlikely you would need to go that far save the carpet issue.
Do not get involved in discussing this over the phone. Put everything in writing. It is more likely to reach the person with decision making power.
Can I clarify anything ?