75100385

/Madam I run a dating agency (established since

/Madam
I run a dating agency (established since 1984). I'd like to have some information about whether I'm allowed to change the membership options offered. The reason I ask is because I had a client who joined in April last year 1.5 year membership (cost of 5000 pounds), she has since found out that I've taken on another client membership fee of 2,500 pounds, but this is the membership time. However that 'half membership time' option wasn't there when she joined. Am I within my rights to add to the membership options that I make available to people?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you have current terms and conditions?

Alex Watts :

If so, does it allow to the terms>

Customer:

We have a contract that clients sign, which includes terms and conditions

Customer:

I don't think it says that we will change the terms and conditions contracts with future clients though

Customer:

what I want to know is, can my client query the fact that I've since changed the membership options who join going forward... i.e. the membership that someone else who she knows has signed up for, wasn't available to her when she joined... so she's annoyed and querying why it wasn't available then

Customer:

Are you still there?

Customer:

Could you please respond to my query?

Customer:

I'm really disappointed with this service so far, i've now been waiting half an hour proper response to my question!

Customer:

please could you respons

Alex Watts :

Sorry I have been in Court.

Alex Watts :

Can you check to see whether it says you can amend the terms?

Alex Watts :

Does it mention anything about charging and pricing?

Customer:

Alex,

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Alex, no it doesn't. I guess my question is, as a business, surely I'm able to change the membership options that I make available to clients?

Alex Watts :

Unless the contract allows you do to so, then no

Alex Watts :

I think you can clients, but not

Customer:

That's what I mean, clients

Alex Watts :

You have a contract, that governs all the agreement between you and your clients.

Alex Watts :

Unless that contract allows you to amend or change the terms then sadly you can't

Customer:

Yes, that's not what i mean.

Alex Watts :

Yes you can do it clients, no problem at all

Alex Watts :

But I would certainly have a clause added that says you can amend or change the terms with notice

Customer:

a clause which says I can change the terms of the contract?

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

Yes

Alex Watts :

So you can change things, such as charging if you need to

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes sort of - I just need to know if what I offer clients now as membership options, can be different to what I offer future clients as membership options in six months time... that I can change the memberships

Customer:

not clients, but clients - and therefore the new terms would be reflected in the new clients contracts

Alex Watts :

Yes you can do that. But you need to allow a clause in the contract that allows amendments

Alex Watts :

Yes I understand.

Alex Watts :

clients.

Alex Watts :

The answer is yes, subject to a change in terms clause

Customer:

I don't want to change the membership once it's outlined and agreed in the contract. I want to be able to offer different memberships in the future, therefore I don't understand why I would need to include a clause in previous contracts that say it's subjects to changes

Alex Watts :

Ok.

Alex Watts :

Then if you do not plan ever to change it you don't need that clause.

Alex Watts :

So if you just want to change the current options clients you can

Alex Watts :

There is nothing stopping you doing this

Alex Watts :

Does that help?

Customer:

yes, that's answered my question. Thank you.

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else ?

Customer:

no, that was it, thank you

Alex Watts :

Great. Can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today, the button should be at the bottom of the screen

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply