31090051

I was involved in a motoring incident in a car park some 14

Customer Question

I was involved in a motoring incident in a car park some 14 months ago. a woman was slightly injured. the injury was caused by the woman colliding with my car which was moving at the time at about 3 to 4 miles per hour.she fellto the ground and twisted her ankle. the police were called and they dealt with the matter ,informing me subsequently that they would not be taking any further action against myself in this matter. I have now received a letter from the womans solicitors informing me of intent to claim compensation suffered by her arising out of the action.i the solicitor says he has no details of the claim and will inform me of these when he has these.he does not even have any details of my car. I smell a rat! how should I deal with this?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
Clearly the issue of liaiblity will be determined by the evidence. However, your question is how do you deal with this? You should not deal with it personally. In terms of your policy of insurance you are under an obligation to send the letter to your insurer. They will deal with the claim and defend it as appropriate.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.