75100385

What can I do about a main contractor refusing to pay

What can I do about a main contractor refusing to pay work?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Alex Watts :

You have rated BAD SERVICE. I have given you the legal solution to issue proceedings.

Alex Watts :

What else is it you want to know?

Customer:

I have no time.

Alex Watts :

I can only tell you legally what you have to do.

Alex Watts :

If the contractor wont pay you have to issue proceedings.

Alex Watts :

You can do that now without the letter, but you may not get the Court fee back if the matter is contested

Alex Watts :

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify?

Customer:

'yes'