13262538

, Just a quick follow on question from yesterday, if i was

,
Just a quick follow on question from yesterday, if i was to move in with my present girlfriend who has 1 child at home will this affect the child maintenance i pay?
the other point is, while reading through the "childsupportlaw' website there is a paragraph under Assessable Income that says "Self employed non-resident parents income is calculated on taxable profits from self-employment, the calculation is then made by taking this figure and deducting tax,Ni contributions, half of any pension premium, any VAT paid over that which has been received, and reasonable business expenses"
Do the list of expenses i gave you not class as reasonable business expenses?

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes the fact that you are in a household with another child entitles you to a 9% disregard on your Gross earnings
The other part of the question is harder to answer as the new rules are still bedding down and the case law is still a little vague so erring on the side of caution is wise.
Very very roughly the first half of the list could well be acceptable the latter half not so much - and all could be subject to challenge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Clare,

just seems to be conflicting information everywhere and i just want to get it right. I would like to keep things amicable between everyone, do you think i would be better off going through CSA?

Thanks again

M Beard

It is a mine field and sadly the CMS (CSA) are renowned errors.
I would suggest that you take a straightforward approach - deduct what could be called the real out of pocket expenses - such as materials and accountancy etc - but not laundry, depreciation etc and base your calculations on this
Provided you are open and clear you should be safe - although no doubt there will be some whining!