LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I was stopped by police I had no insurance on my car.They fill

Customer Question

I was stopped by police I had no insurance on my car.They fill in the ticket but they did not give me.And they let go.They me why I am not wearing glass.I said I dont wear for driving . when they put the my car detail in threr computor it says I sould be wearing it .It says on my computor.Please give me advce. Thank you much
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Customer:

If they didn't give you the fixed penalty notice did they say what they would do?

JACUSTOMER-earii2o3- :

All they said to me is ring the insurance to find out if am insured and ring DVLA for glass and he let go.

JACUSTOMER-earii2o3- :

I am still waiting for reply

Have they required you to produce documents (DVL, insurance etc.) at a police station or did they say you would be sent a notice of intended prosecution?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They ask me which police station is nearest to my house.I replied lower earley Reading

They may have given you a "producer" ie a notice requiring you to produce your DVL and insurance documents at your local police station. Did they do this? If so you are under a duty to produce your documents.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Now I have insuranced my car can drive my car

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they have not given me a "producer" notice to produce documents at my local police station.

If you didn't have insurance at the time then it may well be that you will receive a Notice of intended prosecution or a summons to court. You will need to admit the offence (the only defence if it is a work car and you believed your employers had paid your insurance) and pay the fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is my car .I have insuared my cars last ten years and more.with this company If I dont replie then they atomatical renew my policy.But this time they didnt do it. What I do.

I am afraid that is not a defence. You will need to admit the offence. It is very good mitigation though.