75100385

I have had a parking fine from my council and I have paid it.

Customer Question

I have had a parking fine from my council and I have paid it. Since this event I have had a letter from an enforcement agency saying I must pay them seventy five pounds. I have told them I have paid the parking fine and that they have made a mistake. I have offered the payment reference number, they say I still have to pay. Is this true? I have tried to ring them (the council) but they only offer numbers . Can you help?
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Do you have a receipt via the bank payment? Did you pay it within time please?

JACUSTOMER-5109fcc6- :

I payed later than the two weeks but paid the financial penalty . It will appear on my bank statement as I paid online using the councils electronic 24hour line.

Alex Watts :

Ok. I would write to the Council enclosing a copy of the entry on your bank statement and including the reference number fine.

Alex Watts :

Write and ask that the matter be investigated. That should resolve the mater .

Alex Watts :

If it does not then you can complain to the Chief Officer of the Council saying you have paid it. That should also resolve the matter.

Alex Watts :

If it does not then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can be found at: www.lgo.org.uk

Alex Watts :

But if you paid within the permitted period (be it 14 or 28 days) then the matter has ended.

JACUSTOMER-5109fcc6- :

Ok Alex, thank you . I will do as you advise. Thanks the time to help me work things out. Scary business.Thanks once more. :)

Alex Watts :

Thank you. Sorry if you try and rate now you should be able to!

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else ?

JACUSTOMER-5109fcc6- :

No I just need to do some letter writing I guess. Thank you so much.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
HiI am sorry but the answer above is incorrect. Firstly can you tell me if you paid within 14 days of the fine?
Sadly you can't make a stat dec as you paid the fine, therefore you knew about it.
I said quite clearly if you paid within the 14 or 28 day period then the matter has ended. This makes it quite clear that if you paid within the required period it has simply been a mistake by the Council.
I trust that clarifies.

Can you tell me if you paid the discounted amount within 14 or 28 days?