12826847

I took delivery of a brand new BMW 520d luxury car on December

Customer Question

I took delivery of a brand new BMW 520d luxury car on December 10th 2014 purchased through BMW finance.
Thursday last week the brake warning lights came on saying brake pads need replacing contact service centre.
After contacting dealer car was eventually taken into dealership and I was then informed that it would appear that car had been repaired at some stage using non BMW brake parts
And would not be covered by warranty.
After pointing out that it was a brand new car and had only done 550 miles they backed tracked and are saying they will pay cost of repair only.
This car was purchased from main BMW dealer and is only six weeks old. It as obviously never been looked at by any one since I purchased it and never left my possession.
Can you please tell me my rights as to if I can have this replaced new car that I ordered or do I have to accept a repair.
Very Many Thanks
T.K.Garnham
.

Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.

Are they refusing to cover parts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they have agreed at dealership to repair free of any charge but I don't feel this is satisfactory because car is only 6 weeks old and was obviously repaired by some one other than BMW before it was delivered.
I feel the very east I am entitled to is compensation.
As they are fixing it free of charge what do you want compensating for?

What amount of compensation would you be looking for?

Have they explained why it was repaired bearing in mind it is new?