13262538

My 21 y/o son has been entrapped into getting his girlfriend

Customer Question

My 21 y/o son has been entrapped into getting his girlfriend of eight months pregnant, six and a half months into the relationship having been on contraceptive pills she then "forgot" to take them and didn't bother to tell him, it subsequently transpires she has been pregnant from two previous relationships and aborted both of them, but wants to carry this one through against his wishes.
They split as a couple as soon as she told him of the pregnancy.
What is his legal position now and what are the likely financial implications going forward?

Thank you question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Once the child is born your son will be liable maintenance at 12% of his Gross income.
He will have the right to have contact with his child if he so wishes.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare,

thanks response.

12%, flat rate, is that correct, is that on any statute anywhere, it just seems rather low, or at least lower than I expected?

Under what circumstances can he be forced to pay more?

Regards,

Ian

This is indeed the set rate - details here
http://www.nacsa.co.uk/index.php/cs3-calculations
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare,

sorry delay in getting back to you and many thanks assistance so far.

So considering my son falls into the less than £800 p/w earning bracket and has no assets other than a car he can't be forced into the nightmare scenario of effectively being wrung out by a court order or the CSA or whatever, there is a legally ratified price liabilities to the child, the mother can't turn around and try to force him to pay more than the 12% or whatever his income at the time dictates?

Regards,

Ian

That has indeed been the system many years now