12826847

I purchased car insurance on line with a company called right

I purchased car insurance on line with a company called right choice. My husband took a call from them where they stayed I wasn't insured until they had spoken to me. Concerned I rang the company straight away. Having got through to the customer services they took my post code I was put though to another number and I waited on the line an hour. realising something was wrong I rang again and again I was left handing on the line this continued until 21:30 where I gave up. I decided this wasn't so wrote the company a letter stating I wanted to exercise my right to cancel the insurance within the 14 day cooling off period. I also told them that I did not give them permission the take any monies from my bank account. I sent this letter recorded delivery. Since then this company is bombarding me with answer machine messages disregarding the letter and telling me I am not insured until they speak to me. This is causing me untold stress please can you advice me on the best course of action to take
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent this company a letter within the 14 day cooling off period stating that I wish to cancel the policy. I sent this letter recorded delivery. They have not responded to this letter They just keep leaving voice mail telling me that I am not insured. I have not received any paperwork or a policy relating to this insurance. I have no desire to be insured by this company. What is my best course of action to put an end to this nightmare.

Sorry if I am missing the point but which nightmare?
You want to cancel ? They are saying you are not insured which is what you wanted?
What are you hoping to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The messages they are leaving on the answering machine is concerning the insurance I purchased from them on line they continue by saying until they verify the details they can not issue me the cover. I would like them to stop ringing me and recognise the letter I sent .i would also like to know if they can charge me policy I don't have.

Reviews on line show that this company has no integrity and has charged customers large sums of money they state is missing from there original quotes. And if anyone has tried to cancel a policy they get charged the same amount as the policy cost in the first place.

What is my rights should I need them.

They can charge you an administration charge. You do have rights to cancel within 14 days but are liable to pay an adminstation charge.
They are perfectly free to phone you though. In fairness, you are cancelling a policy with them and they have a right to pursue the administration charge at the very least.
I would suggest just responding to their calls and resolving the issue. If you don't want to talk to them then just ignore the calls.
There is a way to get rid of them when they are actually on the phone to you but that doesn't stop them calling you which is your point here.
The messages tend to suggest that they haven't seen your cancellation so it would be worth checking with them. If they do deduct the full amount from your account then you could sue to recover but probably you would prefer not to have to do that.
Can I clarify anything ?