75100385

I brought a A0 board business back in October last

I brought a A0 board business back in October last year from a business called UKPOS .
We have had ongoing problems with the sign in slight windy that our posters blow out . Our post cost £50 each and we have lost posters etc.
I believe the sign is not fit in slightly windy conditions ans the company is saying there no warranty on the product.they are not prepared to do anything to refund or replace . can you advise my legal rights on refund or them solve the problems . Thanks Richard
Alex Watts :

my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Goods must be fit , of suitable quality and as described under the Sale of Goods Act. Goods which are faulty within the first 6 months are deemed to be faulty.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation .

Can I clarify anything about this today please?

Customer:

Alex Sale of goods act covers businesses as well ?

Alex Watts :

Yes it does

Alex Watts :

Does that help>

Customer:

yes brillant thank you