12826847

The police has come to my home and asked me to attend an interview

The police has come to my home and asked me to attend an interview on an allege fraud (false accusation). They said to go tomorrow but I have now a critical business urgency at my work. Can I call and re-arrange day later. Should I also ask support in any case?
.
Thank you question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Have you agreed to go in tomorrow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When they came I was in the middle of my work on phone and negotiating online. They wanted me to go then. Seeing that I was indeed very busy one of them said to my wife ok come tomorrow 9:00 asked pen and wrote down his contact details .. I said ok while still talking on the phone and they left.

You are being asked to attend voluntarily. The whole point of voluntary attendances is that they need to be a time of mutual convenience. There should be no real difficulty with rearranging as long as it is a date that is not too far in the future. If they had concerns about you being a flight risk then they should have arrested you today. If they were happy to invite you in tomorrow then there should be no difficulty with a short delay.
You do need to tell them though. If you don't they will just issue a warrant arrest.
Get a solicitor to attend with you. You can use the duty solicitor at the police station but then you will potentially have to go into a cell waiting to arrive. I would suggest using a solicitor to negotiate another date to attend but since you are on tight time I would make the call yourself.
If the officer was on early shift and has gone then you will have to leave a message and also call early tomorrow as well to check he has got it. Do not give them any excuses to make an arrest.
Can I clarify anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Jo. They did mention they could arrest if I did not comply. I just do not want to be perceived wrong in anyway by asking that I cannot attend tomorrow but can do the same time after tomorrow. I will call now as soon as you answer back to me again.

One of the them was playing the very friendly type, the other kind the opposite. They did say (but not necessarily meaning in truth) that if that all is wrong we want to just sort it out . Also pointed that I could have the solicitor if I wanted too. However, I know what the accuser wrongly claims it will be over in 3-4 days so I was considering that it will be of best help to me to follow a "no comment" approach.

Oh yes, they can but seeking to rearrange date that is more convenient is not failing to comply.
I wouldn't take much notice of what the police say. Police officers are generally reasonable and pleasant and are not really responsible nonsense that comes from the Chief Commissioner. However, bear in mind that their goal is generally to get a charge or similar disposal as it is better statistics and it is probably not your wish that happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok I am calling now.

On what you further say, you mean I should definitely have a solicitor in the interview or follow my suggestion?

You should definitely have a solicitor in police interview and probably offer a no comment interview unless this is not really a fraud but a theft or something similar to that.
Proper complicated fraud is not something a solicitor can advise upon properly in the conference room of a police station.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Had to leave messages on both officers phones and will also call in the morning. To answer your other point the case here is wrongly accused money and not returning on investment made. No matter how wrong, in my mind this should be also a civil case and not with the police. And it follows my suggestion on the "no comment" And you suggest I bring a solicitor already of my own and not take what I am offered.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo, can you please respond to previous? Thank You

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jo, Could you kindly complete the response?

Well, it probably should be a civil case. People just summons up the police because it is free.
Ideally you would attend with a solicitorYou can use the duty solicitor at the police station but then you will potentially have to go into a cell waiting to arrive.