31090051

While in Ireland I had need of a new battery Range Rover.

While in Ireland I had need of a new battery Range Rover. I had it fitted by the AA but during the fitting process the mechanic short circuited the battery terminals while the new battery was connected to the cars electrics therefore causing serious damage to the cars very complex electronics.
The AA have refused my claim twice. Their technical reasons are inaccurate and easily disproven, their technical experts say if he had done as I claim the battery would have been damaged. The manufacturer told me it would have been damaged.
The mechanics statements are contradictory, but in one statement he does state he "might" have done what I saw.
Do I have a case and can I sue of car and subsequent very considerable expense as well as a lot of inconvenience.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question.
The mechanic is under a duty to take reasonable care. From what you say this duty was breached. As a result you are entitled to pursue damages both under common law and under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
You can sue repair costs and inconvenience and loss of use. Your claim is directed at the AA as employer.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited time.