13262538

, I got divorced some time ago and my ex-husband signed

Customer Question

I got divorced some time ago and my ex-husband signed the consent order for a clean break and this was approved by the court. But we are facing the situation that we still have feelings for each other. I would like to know, if we lived together as civil partners, would this affect the consent order at all with regards ***** ***** asset, in the future?
When was the Decree Absolute and what was the financial agreement that you reached?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clare, the decree absolute was given in January 2014 and the financial agreement was a clean break, with a consent order signed by my husband and myself that we will not make claims on each others assets in the future and that if any the claims are dismissed.
How was the house divided between you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,
No. Only I have an asset of 250 000 GBP at my name that I acquired before I met him. He does not have any property. This property is in France and I live in a rented property in the UK. I pay half of my rent here with the rent I receive from France.
Provided you do not remarry and hoe does not pay anything towards the property that you do own then resuming cohabitation will not cause you any problem at all
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Clare, that's really helpful, you helped me to clarify that point!!

Thank you for your excellent service!

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well