75100385

I was in a car crash. I was driving early morning with a very

Customer Question

I was in a car crash. I was driving early morning with a very bright sunrise and had been travelling for 2 hours. I had had an ear infection so delayed travelling until following day(Xmas day). I started to feel tired so was looking for services but not all were open. I must have shut my eyes momentarily and clipped the central reservation I steered it around as there was a careening me a distance away and it rolled over down the bank. I was very lucky as the trees I hit were rotten. I was able to be helped out of the car by Paramedics with impact injuries to chest, arm and leg. I was breathalised in the ambulance and cautioned that I could not supply the relevant documents. I had my driving licence card but not paperwork. I had my cat in the car in a cat carrier .
They have said I may be prosecuted with driving without due care and attention. I admitted straight away it was my fault and how thankful I was I hadn't injured anyone else. I apologised for getting all the services out especially on Xmas Day.
I have the local police coming today for an interview.
Am I looking at points or more severe action.?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Without due care and attention is points and a fine.

Alex Watts :

There won't be any further, so no community or risk of custody.

Alex Watts :

It would only ever be a fine and points, nothing else

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/