75100385

My husband a lorry driver had an motor accident at work, this

Customer Question

My husband a lorry driver had an motor accident at work, this resulted in one persons death, the police after investigations (not using mobile phone or any blame or any prosecution. He still is unaware what happened he may have blacked out no drink or other reason found. The company dismissed him for misconduct (off the record one of his bosses told him it was because he has cost the company money. He has since had a heart attack I think caused through stress of being unemployed. I think it is unfair that he had an accident whilst driving their lorry on their business with no blame allocated to him that he has lost his job.
Joanne
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

for now please let me know what is it you want to achieve?

JACUSTOMER-h4i79zcx- : Hi Alex I would like to know if we have a case for unfair dismissal as the police have investigated and confirmed they are not taking any further action.can he be dismissed for gross misconduct due to an accident ? Is this not what insurance is paid for ?
Alex Watts :

When was he dismissed please?

JACUSTOMER-h4i79zcx- : July 2014
Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afraid. You have a limited time in which to bring a claim for unfair dismissal, this is 3 months.

Alex Watts :

Therefore any claim should have been brought by October 2014

Alex Watts :

As it is now February 2015 you are sadly out of time

Alex Watts :

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/