31090051

I bought a second hand car on 1.12.14 has been back to to trader

Customer Question

I bought a second hand car on 1.12.14 has been back to to trader twice for same problem, I have tried to reason and get my money back without to date any success. Can you advise me of my best way forward please
All I want is a refund I no longer want it repaired or replaced
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
If the defect is material you are entitled to reject the car and seek a refund along with any incidental costs. In terms of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 section 14 the car has to be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. If the trader has had two attempts and failed and the fault is material you can insist that he takes the car back. If he refuses you can go to court and show the court the independent report.
Happy to discuss further. There can of course be arguments on both camps. A good Scottish case about the various issues can be found online. See the case of David Douglas v Glenvarigill Company Limited which you can Google and may be of interest to you.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.