12826847

I had a car accident which did not involve anybody else. Now

Customer Question

I had a car accident which did not involve anybody else. Now two months later the police telephoned me to say they want to speak to me about my shotgun certificate.
At no time was the gun in the car or even mentioned socllisionwhy bring that up now , I presume that if I never had a gun they would be floundering now They have already written to me the cra was nosh was not my fault. I am struggling to understand what connection my gun licence has to my driving .
Are you asking if you can appeal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No.

Ok.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What has my driving got to do with my shotgun staus?

Well, there could be lots of reasons.
It might be that there is no connection and he just needs to check that all is in order.
However, you have to remember that a shotgun licence is a privilege not a right and it is obviously a dangerous weapon. It can be removed for any reason giving rise to the barest suspicion that you are not a suitable person to hold a licence. They are normally no longer supported by the police as soon as somebody comes to their attention for any form of domestic squabble.
A car accident on it's own would not amount to reprehensible conduct but there must have been some issue of concern otherwise the police would not normally have become aware of it. Normal collision only accidents are not reported to the police normally.
Obviously I will not know what this particular officer intends but they don't need much concern to withdraw support for a licence.
Sorry if that is bad news.