12826847

Is an uninvited kiss by a woman to an older man an offence

Customer Question

Is an uninvited kiss by a woman to an older man an offence?
A kiss can be a sexual assault. It depends on the type of kiss. Obviously it can be an action with no sexual intent at all. It depends on the context.
Even when it is not sexualised though it can still be a common assault.
If you are concerned about something that you have done innocently though then bear in mind that men do not generally report things like this though. I should also say that the overwhelming majority of women in the UK do not waste police resources on trivia either but there are a small number who do either for attention or compensation or in the misguided view that this type of thing is something worthy of the attention of the authorities.
But, in legal theory, a kiss can be a sexual assault if it is sexualised or a common assault if not.
I would plead not guilty and go to the Crown Court though and see whether or not a jury think this is worthy of conviction. If nobody ever tried to kiss anybody there would be no more children and we would all die out in one generation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am the person (male) who was in receipt of the uninvited non-sexual kiss. I have been assaulted. Can I seek a civil remedy? The women was a Carer, employed in a Care Home in which I was an elderly disabled resident

You could sue. It is difficult to quantify loss though especially if it is a kiss only